helping keep hungry backpackers fed:

Monday 30 January 2012

mission statement

So, it has come to this.

All the cool kids have a blog and I want one too. I often write blog entries to myself in my head, but this is the first time I've found the energy and motivation to start actually typing (previously on trips I've managed a bit of writing, but knowing that it was intended only for myself this has typically consisted of ramblings about what time train we caught and, most frequently, what we ate for dinner)

I suppose I will start with a bit of background, I don't want to go into too much detail as I intend for this blog to be entirely uncronological, dipping in and out of years and days like a hip and hard to follow indie movie. I've been on (and occasionally off) the road for three and a half years now.This time included stints of 6 and then 9 months living and working in the winter wonderland that is Whistler (BC Canada for those of you who don't know) an epic European interailing adventure, a confusing and impoverished ski season in the French alps, my current reality of an Antipodean tropical tourist island and a variety of exciting experiences inbetween, a low (and in some ways also high) point of which being a 36 hour greyhound journey from Vancouver to San Francisco. So basically I'm one of an ever expanding breed; backpacker; nomad; traveller; seasonaire; temporary worker; whatever you want to call it, thats what I am.

So here I will give my insights, opinions and knowledge on whatever pops into my head on any given day. I am shortly to embark on a classic backpacker route: The Australian Road Trip so no doubt you will get to read plenty about that. No doubt when I read this post back 6 months from now I'll think that I sound like an idiot (probably because I do), equally likely this will have become a glorified food guide with descriptions of meals eaten in classic aussie outback pubs, trendy melbourne cafes and on the BBQ on the back of our van. I guess we will all have to wait and see.

Because who knows where life will take us next?

No comments:

Post a Comment